jeudi 7 février 2013

Desert Raid : from Tangier to Tan-Tan (part 1)

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been blogging recently, but every weekend I've been off driving in sand and mud (and even snow last weekend) with the Jeep.
Salut a tous! Désolé, ces temps ci je n'ai vraiment pas eu de temps a consacrer a mon blog. J'ai passé presque tous les weekends dans le sable ou la boue (et meme la neige) avec la Jeep.

Finally I've found some spare time to share with you our exciting adventure : our epic raid from Tangier to Tan-Tan.
9 friends in four 4x4. 9 days. Thousands of kilometers. A trip through the Sahara desert. Sand and sun. An adventure full of beautiful scenery, fun moments and also scary moments!
J'ai enfin trouvé du temps pour vous raconter notre épique aventure 4x4 : de Tanger à Tan-Tan.
9 amis repartis dans quatre 4x4. 9 jours de route. Des milliers de kilometres. Un voyage a travers le désert du Sahara. Du sable et du soleil. Une aventure remplie de paysages magnifiques, de moments magiques et également quelques frayeurs!

Below are the links to the videos from the first few days. Please let me know what you all think of the videos (I'm thinking about changing my career to make videos full time!)
Ci-dessous les liens pour les 3 premières vidéos (la suite à venir!)

Introducing the teams and cars, leaving Tangier, getting lost and freezing while camping at 1500m altitude.
Introduction des équipes et voitures, départ de Tanger, se perdre et camper dans un froid glaciale  1500m d'altitude. 

The third day of our adventure, when I went flying over a half finished bridge and got the Jeep stuck in a sticky situation. It's rather funny watching how we managed to get her towed out! Also a night driving special!
La 3eme journée de notre aventure, c'est le jour ou j'ai volé au dessus d'un pont pas fini, mettant la Jeep dans une situation assez délicate! Une sacré mission ! me sortir de là!

The 4th day. Eye goggling scenery while driving through the red sand dunes of Merzouga. Driving though the dreaded dry river (last time my friends got lost and stuck for 5 hours). And finally arriving at the auberge in the middle of the Sahara desert to spend new years eve.
La 4eme journée. Les dunes majestueuses de Merzouga. Le passage tant redouté de 'l'Oued'. L'arrivé a l'auberge au milieu du désert pour passer le nouvel an. 

Pour la traduction française je vais changer un peu ma technique ce coup ci. Au lieu de juste traduire mot à mot ce que j'ai écris en anglais comme je fais d'habitude (cette fois je vous fais confiance pour traduire vous même avec Google ou autre si cela vous intéresse), je vais utiliser le road book que Kathia  a rédigé tout au long de l'aventure!
And of course vice-versa for you english speakers. The French part below isn't a direct translation of what I've written in english, but a road book written by Kathia, so if you're interested, or bored or whatever don't hesitate to translate it using google or something :)

So the adventure started on the 27th of januray at 5 am in the morning. I caught the plane with a friend from Paris and arrived back in Morocco at 8am. Straight off the plane and the 2 of us jumped onto the ferry to Spain and did a one hour drive to go and collect the Jeep (who was in a garage having a lift kit and tires fitted) and the Nissan.

Back at the ferry port we had a bad time. We had booked the 4pm ferry, and we queuing to board. There were 4 cars in front of us. Suddenly I heard a loud bipping. I know what what that bip bip sound means. Doors closing. The car deck closed up and the ferry left. We had to wait 2 hours to catch the next one!

It gets worse. When it was finally time to board the Nissan wouldn't start! No battery! Lucky we had jump leads! We got back to Tangier around 7pm (and the Nissan had to be pushed off the ferry). What an exhausting first day!
28th decemeber.
The next morning I was up early. I had to buy some food and stuff for the Jeep before our trip. I had trouble in every shop (having to exchange stuff, credit card machines not working...)and only got back home at 1pm. 
I had to load the car on my own. It took ages. The big crates were really heavy. Plus I slipped in the stairs and fell hard on my butt trying to carry the fridge filled with drinks. Nothing would fit in the boot. It was 3pm and I was fed up. I nearly started crying. I'm not the type of crying girl, so that's how desperate I was. In the end I had 2 options: just give up loading the car and not go on the trip or just throw everything in the back. I chose the last option. F*ck this shit, I'm the one having to load the car all on my own, I don't care if it's a mess! So I shoved everything in the back and drove to meet the 3 other cars.
We met up on a carpark in Tangier. Their cars were jam packed to, so we had to shove even more stuff into the back of the Jeep!

We finally hit the road about 5pm. We drove about 500km along the highway than got lost... Instead of heading south we headed East, and ended up on the Algerian border at Guercif... It wasn't really a problem. We found a small hotel and had a good night's sleep.

Road Book
Nous devions partir de Tanger vers 12h30, mais bon, en  retard nous ne sommes partis de chez  Cindo et Cécile que vers 14h30 et nous sommes allés manger à l’Oasis a côté de la TFZ. Après ça nous avons pris les voitures et sommes partis vers 16h30 avec pour objectif, atteindre Missour avant la nuit.  Grâce au GPS, nous avons passé la nuit à Guercif à l’hôtel Milano, au lieu de Missour 


The 29th of december.
Early rise and shine. We had a long drive ahead of us. 
But when it was time to leave we got a surprise: the Nissan wouldn't start. The battery was dead again.
No big problem. We just hitched the wrench to the back of the Land Cruiser...only the wrench had been installed the wrong way round so just completely unravelled. Rope was a better option! Once dragged a little, the Nissan started.
While the guys headed of to try find a place in this small village to buy a new battery, I and Franck sorted the mess in the Jeep's boot. Much better having everything tight in place!
After a while the guys came back with the Nissan which had been fitted with a new battery. It was time to hit the road! (We had a great deal of trouble trying to get out of the town! Completely lost as usual!)
We had only been driving for about 30km when we had to stop again. Something to do with the Land Cruiser's front suspension had broken and need to be welded back on. 
We left the Land Cruiser and Nissan at a local garage to try and repair the problem while we, team Jeep and Prado, headed a little further along the road to visit and old abandoned fort.
After an hour or so we got a call on the radio from the guys saying that they had managed to 'kind of' weld whatever that was broken back on. 
When we met up with them at the garage, there were kids everywhere! Seeing 4 big 4x4's seemed to be quite the attraction. I don't think many foreigners pass though this area. But the kids know that 4x4's (especially in raids) give out stuff. So they started harassing us to give them sweets and throwing stones at us. We got out of there as fast as we could!
After a couple of hours of driving we came to the end of the tarmac road and headed down a rocky track that ran along the mountain top.
Beautiful scenery. The sun was shiny and the track was nice and easy to drive along. Easy, but bumpy in the Jeep! The suspension on my Jeep are really hard so you bump and bounce everywhere! That car is not only nicknamed 'the Frog' because it looks like one, it also jumps like one!
We drove, and drove, and drove...
We had hoped to get down off the mountain top before sunset but failed, so we decided to set our campsite up. Lucky we've got one of those tents that your just un tie and stands up on it's own! They really are cool, you just though it out of the back of your car and your tent is up and ready to sleep in! It's these kind of things that make camping easier!
Up on that mountain (1500m altitude) it was cold. The temperature dropped to -2 (maybe more during the night, the next morning the water bottles were frozen).
The bad thing was didn't have any wood to have a fire to keep us warm, only charcoal for cooking, and even that wouldn't light because it was so cold! We had to get our little fire going using a hair-dryer!
Yep, the Land Cruiser is a fancy car full of silly gadgets ;) The most recent accessory added to it was toilets!!! Rather ludicrous! It has given me an evil idea though...I must somehow manage to find his keys while he is sitting on the throne, and drive off with him still on the back! (mouhahahaha)
I got my fire poi out to spin a bit. Warmed me up!
Cooking our evening dinner in the middle of nowhere.
One last drink and time for bed!!

Road Book
La voiture de Didier a eut un problème de batterie et elle ne démarre plus. Un Monster Energy, sans énergie…Curieux, non ? Cindo va donc le tracter. A condition que le treuil marche car il semble monté … à l’envers et le câble se déroule, se déroule… 
Voilà qu’à la CB, la voix de Didier retentit « On peut aller au Marjane de Guercif pour changer la batterie du Nissan ? » Un Marjane à Guercif, mais bien sûr ! Cette question lui vaudra nombre de plaisanteries au cours de notre voyage ! 

Avant de partir de ce petit village, on fait un plein, le changement de batterie de Didier et c’est parti ! Trois tours complets de Guercif pour essayer d’en sortir… On en est à se demander si les gens qui nous indiquent la route à suivre s’amusent à nous voir tourner en rond. On a vu qu’un seul policier dans Guercif  à deux carrefour différents heureusement qu’il était là puisqu’il nous a indiqué la bonne direction. Enfin ! 

Vers 11h30, la voiture de Cindo a eu un souci. Une vis qui est partie en vacances… sans la voiture. Heureusement, le village suivant avait un mécano mais c’est finalement Didier qui a fait la soudure (?!). Les enfants du village voulaient des lunettes ou des appareils photos mais comme on n’a pas voulu leur donner ils ont commencés à nous jeter des pierres… 

Encore une erreur d’itinéraire pour trouver la piste (Prendre la direction de Rohida). Pour prendre une des pistes caillouteuse, nous avons dû dégonfler les pneus des quatre voitures. 

Nous avons roulés pendant des heures dans le Plateau du Rekkam. Nous avons même bivouaqué là-bas.  Au cours de cette aventure, nous avons vu beaucoup de gens (tout est relatif) qui n’avait rien, pas même de chaussures pour certains, tandis que nous, une fois la nuit tombé, et la température descendue, nous avions tous une triple épaisseur pour le bas et une quadruple pour le haut ainsi que les vêtements de ski pour certains, les gants, les bonnets et la double épaisseur de chaussettes. Et, malgré tout ça, nous n’avons jamais eu aussi froid de toute notre vie ! Quelle nuit !


The 30th of december. 
After a very cold night's sleep in the tent, we woke up early again. The cars were all frozen. None of us had been expecting to camp out in these kind of conditions! It was nice to feel the sun that morning, it started warming up really quickly.
We had breakfast and packed up our tents. Time to set off again!

It's funny because you think you are in the middle of nowhere, but there are always people around!
When we set off that morning little did I know that I going to get myself into a very sticky situation with the jeep...
I was following the Land Cruiser and the Prado. 
We were driving a bit fast and the tracks were really dusty. I was basically driving in a cloud of dust which seems like driving in thick fog (only worst because it stings your eyes and makes your sneeze and cough). You can't see much at all. 
At one point the two cars took a slight right turn to avoid a hole. They shouted on the radio for us to be careful. Sadly my radio wasn't working and I drove straight into the trap. It was a bridge that hadn't been finished. If you've watched my videos you can see that when you're driving you only see the giant hole at the last minute.
When I saw the hole, I slammed on the breaks, but it was too late. The front wheels bumped violently down into the hole (I hit my face against the steering wheel) then somehow the bounced back out on the other side.

Looking at the picture above you can imagine the shock I got when I opened my driver door. I just thought 'what a freakin big hole!!! I think I've killed my car!'. My fright was even worse when I got out to have a look. The wheels seemed to be all over the place (I had no idea that wheels could bend in such a way). But the worst thing was : how on earth were we going to get the car back on the road?
The guys (who have been 4x4 driving for 30 years now) said they had never seen anything quite like it. How on earth had I managed to balance the car over the hole with the front wheels on one side and back on the other?! (I was really lucky that the car didn't flip over and do a sort of summersault). You can do amazing things when not trying at all!

We immediatly hitched a rope around the Jeep and onto the Prado to hold her sideways and stop her from falling completely into the hole. Then we hitched another rope to the Nissan to hold the back side of the car.
Like I said earlier, in Morocco you think you're alone in the middle of nowhere but you never are! Just after the accident a guy on a bike appeared. Then a guy on a horse. Then a red van, out of which got about 20 guys!! They all started to try and help. It was rather funny (you can see it on the video). First they started trying to fill in the hole with rocks. Then they tried to lift the car (and actually managed but nearly overturned it!)
With the Prado and Nissan holding the Jeep sideways, we hitched the front to the Land Cruiser who gently pulled me out.

Surprisingly the car didn't look in a very bad shape. Just one of the wheels was punctured.
Driving it one the road didn't feel right though, so we knew something was bent or broken...
But the main thing was that the Jeep was still drivable! And we weren't hurt. Our trip could continue!
A quick stop to fill up with petrol...
Lunch in the car...
...and it was time to get back on the dirt tracks to head towards Erfoud.
The scenery was lovely again.
More bumpy rocky tracks.
Our little group had another slight problem that day. This time it was with the Prado. Somehow a shackle managed to get stuck in the boots lock. Impossible to open, nor properly shut, the boot. It tools ages trying to wedge it out!
We drove for ages. The sun was starting to set and we still had a good 4 hours of off road driving to do.
The Jeep was plodding along fine. I however was still a bit shocked and scared when driving.
Time for a night driving special! It's difficult driving in the dark with all the dust!
Luckily we didn't get too badly lost this time and managed to get to the hotel in Erfoud without to much trouble.
The hotel was really swish! It felt good to sleep in a real bed in a warm room and have a hot shower after that last night of camping!

Road Book
Il a fait tellement froid cette nuit que ce matin, les voitures sont gelées et ont du mal à démarrer. Il a du faire entre -1 et -2 ! Sincèrement, s’en est à se demander si on n’est pas fous…
Au réveil, une des chaussures de Didier a disparu, nous pensions déjà qu’il y avait eu du monde pendant la nuit pour diverses raisons. Certains ont émis l’hypothèse qu’étant donné qu’une seule chaussure a disparu, ce serait peut-être un  chien. Voilà donc notre Didier monté sur le toit de la Monster Energy, un pied avec une chaussure et l’autre en chaussette, avec des jumelles, des fois que le chien serait mort à côté de la chaussure ! On ne sait jamais après tout ! Tout compte fait, pas besoin de jumelles, Anne-Marie a trouvé la chaussure simplement de l’autre côté de la voiture ! Tout le monde a rit ce qui nous a fait commencer la journée dans la bonne humeur !  

Après un bon petit déjeuner préparé avec amour par notre cuisinière en chef, Françoise, du rangement s’impose, tandis que notre pilote de plonge, Anne-Marie, accompagnée de son copilote de plonge, Laurent, font…la plonge, les autres s’activent à réorganiser les voitures, ranger les matelas, les tentes etc… Après tout ça, on s’est rendu compte que Franck avait perdu l’argent qu’il avait retiré la veille, on a cherché partout : introuvable. 

On a repris la route vers 11h. Une petite demi-heure plus tard, on est devant un Y, la première branche débouche sur un pont…qui n’est pas terminé, ou qui s’est effondré mais dans tout les cas, il manque une partie donc il y a un gros trou avant la terre ferme. La deuxième branche est la bonne route qu’il fallait suivre. A la CB, la voix de Cindo explique de ne pas prendre la première branche à cause de la finition qui n’a pas été faîte. Au même moment, la Grenouille file tout droit et au moment où la conductrice voit le signe berbère qui indique qu’il ne faut pas passer, des pierres, elle pile mais la voiture est déjà lancée et personne ne sait comment mais les eux roues avant ont traversé le pont tandis que la roue arrière droite est dans le trou et la gauche sur la terre ferme ! Les deux questions qui sont venues à l’esprit de tout le monde ont été : « Comment ils ont  fait ? » et « Comment on va les sortir de là ? »  A ce moment là, Cindo prend les choses en main, il accroche une sangle a chaque voiture donc trois et toutes reliées à la Grenouille. On lance les moteurs, quand tout d’un coup, arrive une camionnette rouge. A première vue, dedans il y avait environ cinq hommes avec des turbans blancs. Mais lorsqu’elle s’arrête, les fameux cinq hommes descendent…avec une dizaine d’autres hommes habillées de la même manière. Au final, il y avait donc une quinzaine d’hommes sortis de cette petite camionnette qui se sont mis à s’activer autour de la voiture et à essayer de remblayer l’énorme trou qu’il y avait sous la voiture et ils ont même réussis à la soulever ! Deux tonnes ! Cindo a donc commandé aux trois voitures de bouger selon ses instructions et la Grenouille a finalement réussi à sortir du trou. Tandis que la camionnette reprend ses habitants et s’en va, Belinda nous explique que l’antenne de la CB était débranché et que lorsqu’elle était au volant, avec la poussière, elle ne voyait pas par où on était passé et qu’elle nous voyait tout droit alors elle avait pris tout droit. Apparemment rien de cassé, donc on reprend la route. Ne crions pas victoire trop vite ! Quelques mètres plus loin, le volant se met à dérailler et tout le monde d’arrête et Cindo commence à faire des essais et à vérifier la voiture. En effet, apparemment il y a un problème de pneus, ce serait la gente qui serait voilée. On devrait changer la roue mais il y a  un caillou entre le pneu et la gente donc il va falloir rouler un peu. 
C’est au village d’Anoual que l’on changera la roue. 

En plein milieu du Plateau Du Rekkam (donc au milieu de nulle part), la voix de Didier retentit à la CB pour demander  « On peut s’arrêter à la prochaine pharmacie ? » Cette question provoqua un éclat de rire général et cette réponse « Pas de soucis, elle est juste à côté du Marjane de Guercif ! » Cette plaisanterie aussi ressortira beaucoup de fois dans le voyage ! 

Plus loin, vers le village de Talsmit, dans la station-service, Laurent a fermé la porte du coffre avec une manille dans un torchon (pas rangée !) Résultat la porte est coincée et ne veut plus s’ouvrir… Nous roulons comme ça jusqu’à l’entrée de la piste. A ce moment là, nous devons absolument ouvrir la porte parce que sinon  toute la poussière risque de rentrer. Il y a d’abord Françoise, puis Didier qui font les contorsionnistes pour essayer de ne pas tout déballer du coffre. Ce n’est pas faute d’avoir essayer à coup de pelle, de marteau et autre et c’est enfin après trois quart d’heure de tentatives que la porte s’ouvre enfin grâce à Didier. Nous pouvons donc repartir, enfin !  

L’objectif de la journée était d’arriver à Erfoud. Etant donné que nous étions assez loin, nous sommes arrivés plutôt tard. Ce fut le spécial de nuit de la semaine ! La piste par laquelle nous sommes passés était tellement poussiéreuse que l’on ne voyait pas les feux arrières de la voiture de devant alors que nous étions collés les uns aux autres ! La piste était quand même sympa, les conducteurs et conductrices se sont éclatés ! Enfin arrivés à l’hôtel Xaluca, une bonne douche chaude, un bon repas et une nuit au chaud nous ont tous requinqués ! Spécial de nuit, oui mais spécial accident, cette journée fut pleines de surprise !


31st of december. 
First time we had a real look at what damage had been caused by my 'jumping over half finished bridges'. 
It didn't look good. The front axle was leaking. It was only leaking a little, but any leak like that means that it is bent. We planned to go and see a well known garage in Zagora the next day. In the mean time I would just have to be extra careful whilst driving on tarmac roads in case i got a death wobble (whole front axle starts swinging from left to right).
A quick stop in a nearby village to buy some food and it was time to continue our trip down south towards Tan-Tan.
This day was one of my favorites during our trip. We drove through the dunes of Merzuga.
Not only did I love it because we were driving in sand (which I find really fun), it was also so beautiful!
I had never been in the desert before. The huge sand dunes were breathtaking. Their reddish color really stood out against the bright blue sky.
This time we had some spare time to stop off for a very quick lunch (at around 4pm). We still had lots of driving to plus. Plus we had to get through the dreaded 'Oued' (dry river) in which one of ours friends got lost in the last time he came here for more than 5 hours.
A guy on a bike in the middle of nowhere...
A mountain that looks like a Tagine pot.
After a while we entered the Oued. There is no specific track to follow, that's why it is easy to get lost. Sometimes you go one way and end up stuck, blocked by bushes or a giant hole. The sand is deep and the dust is awful.
But this time we managed to find our way out in no time at all and without getting lost! We were thrilled!
We stopped to collect some wood to have a big fire for new years eve.
The Nissan was our 'wood carrier'.
We arrived to the auberge before dark which was great. I was so excited at the idea of spending New Year's Eve in the middle of the Sahara Desert! The auberge was really in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by sand dunes. 
Unloading the wood to get our fire going!
These were the rooms. Very basic but so much better than sleeping in a tent!
For dinner we had a real feast. Foie gras, smoked salmon, duck fillets and champagne. Delicious! And rather legendary to be eating that kind of luxury food in the middle of the desert!
Local Berbers played music for most the night.
This little guy was so cute! Plus he played the drums really well!
Ok, don't ask!!! We were trying to imitate the stuffed gazelle beside us!
We had a fabulous evening! 
Best New Year's Eve ever! 
Good food, great music, lots of laughter, a awesome team! 
It was legendary!!
C'était une soirée geniale!
Le meilleur des réveillons!
De la bonne nourriture, musique géniale, pleine de bonne humeur, une équipe d'enfer!
C'était légendaire!

Road Book
Aujourd’hui, levés à 7h, nous décidons de prendre le petit déj’ et de partir. Ce matin, tout le monde est de bonne humeur ! Le dernier jour de l’année 2012 s’annonce bien ! Aujourd’hui encore nous avons pas mal roulés. Heureusement, sans accident ! Sauf, une petite chose que l’on a baptisée « Grenouille perchée » ce petit jeu consistait à ce que la Grenouille ait un amortisseur perché sur une pierre ! Sympa comme jeu, mais heureusement qu’il n’a pas duré trop longtemps parce que entre hier et aujourd’hui Belinda n’avait déjà  plus d’ongle, alors elle n’aurait peut-être même plus eut de doigts… 

Et une autre petite chose, dans la journée nous avons ramassé du bois sec pour le soir et Cindo a cassé sa vitre arrière à cause d’une sangle mal accrochée. Gros problème avec la poussière qu’on a ! 

A part ça, nous sommes arrivés comme prévu à l’Auberge Marabout. Nous avons occupés toutes les chambres. Ce qui nous a fait bien rire c’était que l’eau chaude  était faîte par une sorte de chaudière-cheminée. Petite définition : C’était un chauffe-eau…mis à l’envers avec un trou dans lequel on mettait du bois et on allumait le feu en bas et tout ça était relié à l’eau chaude. 

Après ça, toutes les filles se sont mises à préparer le dîner du Nouvel-An et les hommes, eux, ont coupé à la tronçonneuse et allumé le feu avec le bois que nous avions ramassé plus tôt dans la journée (et à boire l’apéro, mais c’est censé rester secret !) 

Après ça, tout le monde se prépare et c’est parti pour la soirée. Ce que nous avons mangé était très bon, mais il est vrai que l’on a eut de bonnes distractions ! Les hommes de l’auberge ont joués de la musique avec des tambours, des bouteilles vides et des darbouga. Il y avait même un enfant d’environ 8 ans qui jouait super bien de la darbouga pour son âge il égalait les autres ! Nous avons donc passé une super soirée ! Les gens de l’auberge étaient très gentils ! Nous avons dansé, chanté et surtout tissé des liens d’amitié qui n’était pas totalement acquis puisque l’on ne se connaissait pas. On  s’est souhaité la bonne année, les vœux de bonheur et tout et tout ! Et on est allés se coucher vers 1h30 du matin.

Hope you enjoyed part one of this 4x4 adventure!
Part 2 coming soon!

Take care!

21 commentaires:

  1. wow!!! great tour, i love your pictures, sure u had fun. ;)

  2. Beautiful landscapes and lots of adventures. Kisses!

    1. Morocco is a beautiful place! A great place for adventures!

  3. i enjoyed the three videos you've uploaded. i wonder if I could stay that long for a road trip. but i guess i can;-D especially if I have a partner who can do sing while in the car. joke the whole time. and errr if i have a bigger bottle, so I can pee on it, because of those bumps. (hope you'll put english translation on all videos. i only have six units in french ;-D

    1. Thanks :) I'm sure you would survive for 10 days on a road trip (I know you like traveling!) I survived living 5 months in a Jeep in Australia! You get used to it, and it's really fun! But as you saw, you do end up kind of mad, like sining in the car and stuff lol! I am seriously working on a 'pee solution for girls'; it's so unfair that boys can go anywhere and we have to just cross our legs and wait! ^^
      I'll try my best for subtitles, my computer is being really slow and cuts out every time I try adding them on the videos!
      Take care

  4. SO-O adventourous . I just started watching the videos and I hope I'll finish them soon . But the pictures are saying it all . I think you're a great video designer and a 3D stuff master .
    I have never been in a jeep travel so long , it must feel super awesome and I actually wonder how your drive SO WELL in the deserts . It's all so awesome.
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    1. Hey Noor! Thanks for the compliment :) It was an awesome adventure! It's actually really easy to drive in the desert (when there are no big holes or unfinished bridges that you fall into!)

  5. Thanks for your lovely comment and happy weekend!

  6. I just watched first video , will buffer other soon :D
    My God Bel, many days adventuring around desert! Rare fun! I live near one of biggest desert of my country & the river Indus which flows almost in the whole lenght of my country , but honestly I never go there. Even New Year there would be epic!Your photographs are amazing!

    Aree With Umbrella

    1. Thanks Aree! Would love to go driving in that desert near you! Maybe one day I'll be able to get the Jeep shipped over! I think that it would be even more adventurous than the moroccan desert!
      Have a great weekend!

  7. Wow, great photos as always!

  8. your photos look like paintings! So cool! I like your new background too! Very cool way to draw a map....


  9. Wow! Living that long on the highway is tuff, but the rest is deffo super interesting!
    The landscape is really beautiful. Btw I know how it feels to sleep in a cold place ><!
    Gotta be cool to see the village life, too :)
    x, Lara

    1. It was an awesome trip :) And true that some parts were hard!