Photobucket Photobucket

vendredi 1 mars 2013

Crazy life ! I'm off again! + Some of my art

Hi guys!!
I really seem to be living a crazy hyperactive life at the moment. 
Ok, not crazy enough to have a pineapple moment (those of you who watch How I Met Your Mother will understand ^^)

I just seem to be running around everywhere. No time to sit still! Why can't I stay put in place!
You see, I only got back to Morocco from France last thursday (and that in itself was a hectic trip! Jump of the plane and straight onto the ferry to spain to collect my car, then back to Morocco) and I'm heading off again! This time I'm going to southern Morocco, an 900km drive awaits me tomorrow! For once it isn't for off road driving, but for something arty... I'll tell you more about it at the end of this post!

So, a bit about me and art. Ever since I've been a kid I've loved art. I wanted to study art at one point, but my parents told me I'd never get a 'proper' job with that degree. Sometimes I wish I hadn't listened to them...
A drawing I did in 2010.
I don't consider myself an artist.  It's just a hobby. 
I mainly do drawings, but also making fun little things with polymer clay!

I made loads of these little sheep for friends.
I don't like keeping the art work that I make, I much prefer making or drawing stuff for others.


I hadn't done any drawings for ages (well except for the Jeep Drawing on my wall).
The other day I saw something awesome on Beth's blog. She collects ATC's (Artist Trading Cards). I found that it's a wonderful idea, and asked if we could do a swap! Above is the card I drew for her.


I posted it on my Facebook page and got some request from friends!
This one is for my sister, who lives in the UK.

This one is for a friend with whom I often go off road driving (he's always giving me good advice about driving, that's why I call his car the Toyoda ^^)


Anyway, why am I suddenly heading down south and what does it have to do with art?
Well, shortly after having posted my pictures on Facebook I received an email from Skoura Authentik Guest House in the south of Morocco. 
I have been invited to go on a one week watercolor painting course
I'm so pleased! I've always wanted to learn to paint (I normally only use pencils and pens), I can't wait to start!
Plus the guest house is located in one of the most beautiful palm groves of Morocco.
This the view from the guest house (we stopped off there during one of our 4x4 trips).
It's truly beautiful. Palm trees and red mountains with snowy tips.

If you ever come on holiday to Morocco this is really a place to stay. 
It's not far from Marrakech but is so much better. I actually hate Marrakech, it's to much tourist orientated, you get harassed all the time
Here at Skoura in the middle of the palm grove it's the complete opposite. It's just so relaxing and peaceful. 
You get to see the 'real' Morocco. 
If you don't like just hanging around a pool and relaxing (well if you can't sit still like me) no worries, there are loads of things to do and visit around the palm grove :)  
Plus the rooms are really swish and the food delicious!

Be sure to check out Skoura Authentik's web site !

I'll tell you all about my watercolor painting week in my next post!
If you're interested this is the program for the week (not only painting, lots of other fun things!)

Take care!
(And if you want to do a Artist Trading card swap let me know!! It would be a pleasure!)

62 commentaires:

  1. Beautiful drawings. I can't draw like you. My drawings are ugly. hahaha. Kisses.

    galerafashion.blogspot.com.br

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks dear! I'm sure your drawings aren't ugly!!!
      x

      Supprimer
  2. Hahah I deffo love the DJ pic, thank you so much <3 <3 <3!!! I think DJ will love it too. All your crafts and drawings are super nice.
    I will make something for you as soon as the inspiration hits :)
    And your hair is really cool btw :)!!

    xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Glad you like the drawing! It should arrive soon!
      x

      Supprimer
  3. Oh, a special mention to the Yoda one. I love it. I guess you knew it already :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. WOw beautiful photos. I really like your blog dear.

    xx

    www.styleofpurity.com
    ENTER MY GIVEAWAY HERE

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. haha.. its funny how our parents decide and wanna be in control of our lives, your story sounds exactly like mine, I had two things in my mind when i was young either i become a fashion designer or an artist, i loved art and sewing with needles right from when i was 12 i would draw with illustrations, everyone admired it except my parents :( they would scold me and tell me there was nothing good about fashion or art :( i was so good in art in the secondary school yet my parents were not convinced haha :/ i went for competitions and won but they said NO, i ended up going to study what they wanted at uni and graduated, done my masters too, everything seems boring now am going back to fashion :) now they blame themselves so much haha, i love your drawing sweets, follow your dreams am very sure there is success ahead of you.
    kisses.
    happy weekend dear.
    rock4less.blogspot.co.uk

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. True we seem to have had the same experience with our parents not letting us do what we want! Like you I want to change career and do something more arty, it's never too late to change!!!
      x

      Supprimer
  6. Your hair is so cool!! Come visit my blog sometime :)

    xo Emma
    www.fromcitytocity-emm.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. I like to do crafty creative stuff too but I never seem to stick with it, I never keep much that I do either, it's much more fun to give them to special people. Love you little polymer clay critters and your drawings are awsome. What a great opportunity you've been given, have fun in your class and cant wait to see what you create!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Brenda! I'd like to see some of your arty creations :)
      x

      Supprimer
  8. Tes dessins sont superbes ! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. These drawings are so-so awesome , and detailed.
    Oho , DJ & Beth's Squid is looking so cute ;)
    An art trip? Sounds so amazing . I can't wait what you're going to make there ;)
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. This is a cool place to be at! Your blog is pretty awesome! I was just looking at some of your other posts and think it's really entertaining! I think you'll see some more of me here;)!

    Come by mine, and let me know if you like it too! We could follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin, and Instagram too!

    Stay in touch;)

    xx

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks! I enjoyed reading your blog too. Ok for following!
      x

      Supprimer
  11. well u are very talented, so for me you should consider yourself an artist!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Wow thats looks soooooo beautiful. I have never been to Morocco but its on my "to travel list". Also great photos, thanks for sharing!

    beck
    http://fabulous-junk.blogspot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks! You must visit Morocco one day, it is a beautiful country :)
      x

      Supprimer
  13. Ohhh wooahhh!! love it love it love it!! wanna wanna wanna wanna one for me too!!! with Wiccana on it!! would you mind do one for me Bel??? Let me know!!!!.. thanks in advanced!
    xx
    Maria

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks dear! Of course I can do one for you!
      x

      Supprimer
    2. thanks sooo much Bel!!! I also answered back with some ideas for you on your comment on my blog;) maybe it help you..something between wicca or heavy metal...which describes a lot my personality..or also the batty layout on my blog will help you too;)

      Supprimer
  14. Congrats on the paintin course! HAVE FUN exploring ur creative skills :)

    issa x
    New post is up!
    ACNE LOVE

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. Awesome post :)

    Kisses,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    RépondreSupprimer
  16. I think it is awesome to have a crazy life for a while. You will have plenty of time to sit and relax when you are older so enjoy the moment. Morroco sounds pretty amazing. I wish I could travel a bit more. And you should consider yourself an artist. I simply love your work!!
    And pineapple moment made my laught. I am a sucker for HIMYM. :)

    Kisses, Lucy :)
    stylewithoutlimits.blogspot.cz

    RépondreSupprimer
  17. haha your writing is way cool! I love the little cards you made esp the Toyoda:)

    www.haemeandrobecca.blogpsot.com

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. Nice blog, I'm following your lovely blog too!
    http://lacicatricedelblog.blogspot.it/

    RépondreSupprimer
  19. thanks for such an lovely comment! love your style too! and of course i wanna follow each other :) following you now, waiting for you to do the same! kisses!

    http://heartrockfashion.blogspot.nl/

    RépondreSupprimer
  20. Wow, you are SO talented!!! Great drawings! Oh and how exciting that you are traveling so much! Enjoy your trip! Can't wait to hear more about it! xoxo Carla

    RépondreSupprimer
  21. Woooooooooooah! You are super talented in art , ah why you didn't get into art :( I am so in love with fashion/art industry but my family thinks that i should bump into accounts or business blah blah stuff and I am learning computer now lol :P Good luck for the artist program :)
    Aree With Umbrella

    RépondreSupprimer
  22. Hi sweetie!
    As I said another time, love your hair!
    And your draws are amazing, you are an artist!
    xoxo

    RépondreSupprimer
  23. Oh wow! Those are great! I love the squid and Jeep. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  24. The littel sheeps are super cute!! Your friends love it for sure!

    Kisses beauty!
    Patry
    http://www.siemprehayalgoqueponerse.com/

    RépondreSupprimer
  25. Hi love,

    How u doing?

    Have a beautiful week,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    RépondreSupprimer
  26. Wow, those are some really cool pieces! I worked with polymer clay a really long time ago, but looking at your stuff I could just start again.

    Your trip to Morocco sounds wonderful. It must be such a wonderful place!

    RépondreSupprimer